BEAUMONT, Texas (AP) - Investigators say a 4-year-old boy has drowned while swimming in a Southeast Texas motel pool with his family.
Beaumont police say the boy was pronounced dead Wednesday night at a hospital.
Police say the boy from Beaumont was with relatives Wednesday afternoon at a Super 8 and family members took him swimming. Authorities are trying to determine the circumstances surrounding the drowning.
The name of the victim wasn't immediately released.
Child Protective Services will also investigate the death.
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking