BEAUMONT, Texas (AP) - Investigators say a 4-year-old boy has drowned while swimming in a Southeast Texas motel pool with his family.
Beaumont police say the boy was pronounced dead Wednesday night at a hospital.
Police say the boy from Beaumont was with relatives Wednesday afternoon at a Super 8 and family members took him swimming. Authorities are trying to determine the circumstances surrounding the drowning.
The name of the victim wasn't immediately released.
Child Protective Services will also investigate the death.
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon