RICHMOND, Texas (AP) - A 9-year-old boy has been shot near Houston by a stray bullet that might have come from a nearby gun range.
Fort Bend County sheriff's spokesman Bob Haenel tells the Houston Chronicle that the boy was walking with his grandfather in a rural area about 35 miles west of Houston Saturday afternoon. A loud noise rang out, and shortly afterward, the boy fell to the ground. He had a bullet wound on his leg.
His grandfather took the boy to an emergency room. He's being treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Haenel says a gun range is nearby the site of the shooting.
Authorities are investigating.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic