RICHMOND, Texas (AP) - A 9-year-old boy has been shot near Houston by a stray bullet that might have come from a nearby gun range.
Fort Bend County sheriff's spokesman Bob Haenel tells the Houston Chronicle that the boy was walking with his grandfather in a rural area about 35 miles west of Houston Saturday afternoon. A loud noise rang out, and shortly afterward, the boy fell to the ground. He had a bullet wound on his leg.
His grandfather took the boy to an emergency room. He's being treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Haenel says a gun range is nearby the site of the shooting.
Authorities are investigating.
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program