HOUSTON (AP) - A Houston man has been fatally shot at home in an upscale neighborhood while hosting a sleepover for his children and friends.
Houston Police Sgt. Brian Harris said 35-year-old Ashley Scott Rowell answered the door Friday evening and was shot in the doorway.
Harris told the Houston Chronicle the man's wife called 911. She was at the Montrose-area home with her husband and their three children, as well as two others who came for the sleepover.
Harris said the man staggered back after being shot and fell near the children. Police don't believe it was a random act.
Police said the man had recently sold a beer distributorship.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget