DALLAS (AP) - Police have located a car belonging to a crime watch volunteer charged in one of nine sexual assaults in South Dallas.
Dallas police say the search continues Monday for 38-year-old Van Dralan Dixson, who faces an aggravated sexual assault warrant. His abandoned car was located Sunday in a parking lot in nearby Garland.
Police on Saturday announced DNA results from at least one of the sexual assaults since June matches Dixson.
Nine women so far have been attacked by what investigators believe may be the same rapist.
The president of the Mill City Community Association, Alendra Lyons, says Dixson since January has been part of the neighborhood group's crime watch.
A $15,000 reward has been offered for information leading to arrests and an indictment in the attacks near Fair Park.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range