ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) - Colton Kent rushed for 149 yards and accounted for six touchdowns, Mason Reed had 149 yards and three scores and Cisco pulled away in the third quarter to beat Refugio 56-36 for the Class 2A Division II championship Thursday night.
The Loboes (16-0) claimed their first title in their fifth trip to the finals. The Bobcats (14-2) were thwarted in their attempt to win a fourth state crown.
Cisco was up 28-21 at halftime and added 14 points in the first 69 seconds of the third quarter. Kent ran 63 yards for a touchdown on the first play, Cisco recovered an onside kick and Kent found Reed two plays later for a 45-yard score.
Refugio quarterback Travis Quintanilla was 30 of 42 for 391 yards with two touchdowns and three interceptions.
Running back Isaiah Perez ran for 107 yards and touchdowns of 5, 3 and 6 yards for Refugio.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated