RANGER HILL - An at least nine-vehicle accident involving six semi-trailers left one person dead and resulted in traffic being shut down Monday on Interstate 20 at Mile Marker 359 at Ranger Hill.
State troopers said 24-year-old Virginia Ann Hutto of Cisco died at the scene after a vehicle towing a trailer jacknifed on the wet road--while trying to slow down and avoid a previous crash--hit her vehicle. Two other vehicles were also affected by the crash involving Hutto.
Eastbound and westbound lanes were reopened about 4 p.m. Monday.
The wreck occurred on the eastbound lanes of I-20, but westbound lanes were also closed after concrete barriers were knocked into the westbound lanes.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017