RANGER HILL - An at least nine-vehicle accident involving six semi-trailers left one person dead and resulted in traffic being shut down Monday on Interstate 20 at Mile Marker 359 at Ranger Hill.
State troopers said 24-year-old Virginia Ann Hutto of Cisco died at the scene after a vehicle towing a trailer jacknifed on the wet road--while trying to slow down and avoid a previous crash--hit her vehicle. Two other vehicles were also affected by the crash involving Hutto.
Eastbound and westbound lanes were reopened about 4 p.m. Monday.
The wreck occurred on the eastbound lanes of I-20, but westbound lanes were also closed after concrete barriers were knocked into the westbound lanes.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen