RANGER HILL - An at least nine-vehicle accident involving six semi-trailers left one person dead and resulted in traffic being shut down Monday on Interstate 20 at Mile Marker 359 at Ranger Hill.
State troopers said 24-year-old Virginia Ann Hutto of Cisco died at the scene after a vehicle towing a trailer jacknifed on the wet road--while trying to slow down and avoid a previous crash--hit her vehicle. Two other vehicles were also affected by the crash involving Hutto.
Eastbound and westbound lanes were reopened about 4 p.m. Monday.
The wreck occurred on the eastbound lanes of I-20, but westbound lanes were also closed after concrete barriers were knocked into the westbound lanes.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking