HOUSTON, Texas - A 76-year-old man is recovering after a U.S. Coast Guard helicopter was called in to transport him when he suffered a stroke while diving off the Texas Gulf Coast.
The unidentified man had completed two dives on Saturday about 120 miles offshore of Galveston when he began showing signs of a stroke.
A Coast Guard helicopter from the Houston-Galveston Command Center was dispatched to the charter boat the man was aboard.
The helicopter crew hoisted the man onto the aircraft and transported him to a Houston hospital, where he is in stable condition.
- Updated Redevelopment for West Texas Hilton hotel opened in 1929
- Updated Video of black Texas woman thrown to ground sparks review
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin