HOUSTON (AP) - Investigators have detained a construction laborer over the fatal stabbing of a co-worker he roomed with at a Houston-area motel.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office said the attack happened early Wednesday. Sgt. Ben Bell says the suspect told the crew foreman that the victim wouldn't be at work - because he was dead.
The foreman called 911. The suspect ran but was captured with the help of a law enforcement dog. Formal charges are pending against the suspect, who was treated for minor dog bites.
Investigators are trying to determine what prompted the deadly argument.
The name of the victim wasn't immediately released.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck