POSSUM KINGDOM LAKE, Texas - Authorities have restarted the search for a 17-year-old boy who went missing Sunday at Possum Kingdom Lake.
Authorities suspended the search Sunday evening for Jacob Logan, a senior at Coppell High School.
According to the Brazos River Authority, divers again entered the water at 8 a.m. Monday morning. There are also searchers on boats using sonar to look for the teen. Rescuers first received the call about a missing boy at around 2:30 p.m. Sunday, and the divers began searching around 4 p.m. later that day.
Logan plays football on the undefeated Coppell Cowboys football team. His coach says Logan went to the lake with some friends for the weekend. He reportedly jumped off a cliff near the Bluff Creek Marina and never surfaced.
On Monday morning the Coppell Cowboys football Facebook page was posting updates and photos using the hash-tag "#PrayForTheLogans." A twitter search for that hash-tag showed friends and family tweeting about Logan. Twitter users were also tweeting the hash-tag "#21" which is Logan's football number.
More than 500 students attended a prayer vigil at the school's football stadium Sunday evening.
According to the Coppell Cowboys football website, Logan is a defensive back and wide receiver.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated