POSSUM KINGDOM LAKE, Texas - Authorities have restarted the search for a 17-year-old boy who went missing Sunday at Possum Kingdom Lake.
Authorities suspended the search Sunday evening for Jacob Logan, a senior at Coppell High School.
According to the Brazos River Authority, divers again entered the water at 8 a.m. Monday morning. There are also searchers on boats using sonar to look for the teen. Rescuers first received the call about a missing boy at around 2:30 p.m. Sunday, and the divers began searching around 4 p.m. later that day.
Logan plays football on the undefeated Coppell Cowboys football team. His coach says Logan went to the lake with some friends for the weekend. He reportedly jumped off a cliff near the Bluff Creek Marina and never surfaced.
On Monday morning the Coppell Cowboys football Facebook page was posting updates and photos using the hash-tag "#PrayForTheLogans." A twitter search for that hash-tag showed friends and family tweeting about Logan. Twitter users were also tweeting the hash-tag "#21" which is Logan's football number.
More than 500 students attended a prayer vigil at the school's football stadium Sunday evening.
According to the Coppell Cowboys football website, Logan is a defensive back and wide receiver.
- Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- San Angelo city councilman resigns after racial comments about police
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Former Sweetwater teacher indicted on 3 child sex charges
- Updated Truck rams New Orleans crowd during Mardi Gras parade; 28 injured
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash