SAN ANGELO, Texas (AP) - The county attorney in Tom Green County is free on personal bond after his arrest over the weekend on suspicion of domestic violence.
Chris Taylor first was elected county attorney in 2000. He was detained by police in San Angelo Saturday night, booked at the county jail and then released on bond by a justice of the peace.
The 45-year-old Taylor said the arrest was "a big misunderstanding" and that he and his wife are going to work through it.
As county attorney, he primarily handles misdemeanor prosecutions, juvenile offenses and legal advice to county officials.
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase