SAN ANGELO, Texas (AP) - The county attorney in Tom Green County is free on personal bond after his arrest over the weekend on suspicion of domestic violence.
Chris Taylor first was elected county attorney in 2000. He was detained by police in San Angelo Saturday night, booked at the county jail and then released on bond by a justice of the peace.
The 45-year-old Taylor said the arrest was "a big misunderstanding" and that he and his wife are going to work through it.
As county attorney, he primarily handles misdemeanor prosecutions, juvenile offenses and legal advice to county officials.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS