SAN ANGELO, Texas (AP) - The county attorney in Tom Green County is free on personal bond after his arrest over the weekend on suspicion of domestic violence.
Chris Taylor first was elected county attorney in 2000. He was detained by police in San Angelo Saturday night, booked at the county jail and then released on bond by a justice of the peace.
The 45-year-old Taylor said the arrest was "a big misunderstanding" and that he and his wife are going to work through it.
As county attorney, he primarily handles misdemeanor prosecutions, juvenile offenses and legal advice to county officials.
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon