DALLAS, Texas - (AP) - A Dallas County man already on probation for a car wreck that killed a woman and injured several others when he was suspected of driving drunk is headed to prison for 20 years after his arrest for driving while intoxicated.
Matthew Ayers was charged in May when police in Plano pulled him over and he registered a 0.14 blood alcohol level. That's nearly twice the legal limit.
The 30-year-old Allen man served five years in jail for the 2002 crash and then went on probation. A judge Friday revoked that probation.
The Dallas Morning News reports (http://dallasne.ws/1aOMALQ ) Ayers last December apologized to the survivors and family relatives of the wreck, said his jail time had changed him and that he had stopped drinking alcohol.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated