DALLAS, Texas - (AP) - A Dallas County man already on probation for a car wreck that killed a woman and injured several others when he was suspected of driving drunk is headed to prison for 20 years after his arrest for driving while intoxicated.
Matthew Ayers was charged in May when police in Plano pulled him over and he registered a 0.14 blood alcohol level. That's nearly twice the legal limit.
The 30-year-old Allen man served five years in jail for the 2002 crash and then went on probation. A judge Friday revoked that probation.
The Dallas Morning News reports (http://dallasne.ws/1aOMALQ ) Ayers last December apologized to the survivors and family relatives of the wreck, said his jail time had changed him and that he had stopped drinking alcohol.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget