DALLAS (AP) - A Dallas man says he's shocked to have been swamped with a nearly $67,000 erroneous water bill a few months after a similar computer error.
Tom Hoffman said he's looking forward to getting a new bill after the latest mistake that Dallas officials blame on a bad water meter.
Hoffman canceled his auto-payment system earlier this year after getting a water bill for more than $66,000. That wrong bill froze some of Hoffman's financial accounts before the error was fixed.
Now it's happened again.
City of Dallas spokesman Frank Librio said the stuck meter has been replaced and accurate billing will follow.
Librio also apologized for the error and the inconvenience to Hoffman.
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack