DALLAS, Texas - (AP) - Police in Dallas are investigating the death of a 73-year-old woman as a murder.
Dallas Police spokeswoman Melinda Gutierrez said in a statement Saturday that a relative of Penny Terk visited the woman's home Friday afternoon because she had not heard from Terk. When she arrived at Terk's home the door was ajar and the inside was in disarray.
Police found Terk inside, dead from "homicidal violence." No additional detail was immediately available. The investigation was ongoing.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth