DALLAS - (AP) - Police say they are investigating another report of sexual assault in south Dallas and whether it's linked to a string of rapes in a neighborhood targeted by a serial rapist.
Dallas Police spokesman DeMarquis Black said the offense was reported after 5 a.m. Saturday just south of downtown near Fair Park. Black did not immediately provide more information about the incident.
Nine women so far have been attacked by what police believe is the same rapist.
The women were accosted while walking in the early morning hours.
Police are interviewing one person of interest and say they have ramped up patrols in the area.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer