DALLAS - (AP) - Police say they are investigating another report of sexual assault in south Dallas and whether it's linked to a string of rapes in a neighborhood targeted by a serial rapist.
Dallas Police spokesman DeMarquis Black said the offense was reported after 5 a.m. Saturday just south of downtown near Fair Park. Black did not immediately provide more information about the incident.
Nine women so far have been attacked by what police believe is the same rapist.
The women were accosted while walking in the early morning hours.
Police are interviewing one person of interest and say they have ramped up patrols in the area.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Updated Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking another cold front
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend