DALLAS, Texas - Dallas police say a 21-year-old man has admitted to killing 3 people in a weekend shooting.
Police said Sunday that Justin Smith had been arrested on a charge of capital murder of multiple persons. He is being held in the Dallas County jail without bond.
Officers responded to an area of south of downtown known as South Oak Cliff after receiving a call just before 7 a.m. Saturday. Three people were pronounced dead, and a fourth person shot was hospitalized.
Smith did not have an attorney listed in online jail records.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated