DALLAS (AP) - A 38-year-old Dallas teacher fired when her pornographic actress past became public says she was forced into "sex slavery" as a teenager and wants her education job back.
The Dallas Morning News this week obtained a copy of Resa Woodward's Dec. 13 termination letter.
The science teacher at Balch Springs Middle School, in the Dallas Independent School District, was put on administrative leave when her past surfaced. The dismissal letter cited her work in "adult content media" accessible online.
PHOTOS -> http://www.ktxs.com/337269166
Woodward appealed to the Texas Education Agency, saying a controlling man forced her into "sex slavery" and adult films.
TEA is reviewing the case. An ethics code requires Texas teachers to have good moral character.
Woodward attorney Calvin Johnson told WFAA-TV that she should be commended for bouncing back from adversity.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide