DALLAS (AP) - A Dallas city spokesman says the demolition of an apartment complex where Lee Harvey Oswald once lived will take place Monday.
Frank Librio said the building at 600 Elsbeth St. will be demolished at around 8 a.m. Monday. President John F. Kennedy's assassin lived in the building from November 1962 to March 1963.
The city won a court order in May requiring Jane Bryant to tear down the uninhabited 10-unit, two-story apartment complex. It says Bryant failed to act in the allotted time and that allowed the structure to become a nuisance.
Librio said demolition and asbestos abatement of the building is estimated to cost about $52,000. The city may place a lien on the property to recover that money.
JFK was slain on Nov. 22, 1963.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic