DALLAS (AP) - A Dallas city spokesman says the demolition of an apartment complex where Lee Harvey Oswald once lived will take place Monday.
Frank Librio said the building at 600 Elsbeth St. will be demolished at around 8 a.m. Monday. President John F. Kennedy's assassin lived in the building from November 1962 to March 1963.
The city won a court order in May requiring Jane Bryant to tear down the uninhabited 10-unit, two-story apartment complex. It says Bryant failed to act in the allotted time and that allowed the structure to become a nuisance.
Librio said demolition and asbestos abatement of the building is estimated to cost about $52,000. The city may place a lien on the property to recover that money.
JFK was slain on Nov. 22, 1963.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated