DALLAS (AP) - Dallas police say a homeowner who walked in on three men burglarizing her home - including one with a handgun - opened fire on the suspects, killing one.
Police say she shot two of the three suspects in the early morning hours of Saturday. Police say 19-year-old Larry Jurvotaie Williams fled and then collapsed behind a neighbor's house. He was taken to the hospital, where he died.
The two other suspects fled as well and were then detained by officers at a convenience store parking lot. One was taken to the hospital.
Police say they both have outstanding warrants and will be charged with burglary.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- KTXS Forecast: Warm & windy weather brings enhanced fire danger