HOUSTON, Texas - Police say a Houston barbershop owner shot and killed one of his customers during a heated argument when the man refused to leave.
Houston police spokeswoman Jodi Silva says the incident happened around noon Saturday when the customer and the owner of the business were arguing. The cause of the disagreement remains unknown. The customer refused to leave and the owner felt threatened and feared for his life, so he shot the other man.
Then the owner called 911 and waited for the police to arrive. The victim was taken to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Silva says the case will go before a grand jury for review to determine if charges are pressed.
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- 2 men charged in shooting death of Dwyane Wade's cousin
- Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says
- HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident