HOUSTON, Texas - Police say a Houston barbershop owner shot and killed one of his customers during a heated argument when the man refused to leave.
Houston police spokeswoman Jodi Silva says the incident happened around noon Saturday when the customer and the owner of the business were arguing. The cause of the disagreement remains unknown. The customer refused to leave and the owner felt threatened and feared for his life, so he shot the other man.
Then the owner called 911 and waited for the police to arrive. The victim was taken to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Silva says the case will go before a grand jury for review to determine if charges are pressed.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated