BEAUMONT, Texas (AP) - Authorities say the drowning deaths last month of a man and young girl in Southeast Texas have been ruled a murder-suicide.
Traveth Quinn, 31, took his 3-year-old daughter to a city pool that had closed weeks earlier. A Beaumont municipal worker who was checking the pool discovered the pair Oct. 10 in shallow water. Authorities said the body of the girl was found underneath her father.
They were taken to a Beaumont hospital where they were declared dead.
Beaumont police spokeswoman Carol Riley said Quinn had a history of depression.
- Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances persist into the weekend
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- McMurry University kicks off school year with convocation
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident