BEAUMONT, Texas (AP) - Authorities say the drowning deaths last month of a man and young girl in Southeast Texas have been ruled a murder-suicide.
Traveth Quinn, 31, took his 3-year-old daughter to a city pool that had closed weeks earlier. A Beaumont municipal worker who was checking the pool discovered the pair Oct. 10 in shallow water. Authorities said the body of the girl was found underneath her father.
They were taken to a Beaumont hospital where they were declared dead.
Beaumont police spokeswoman Carol Riley said Quinn had a history of depression.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store