AMARILLO, Texas - Drugs, counterfeit money, and weapons were discovered by a trooper near Amarillo after a routine traffic stop.
Around 10:58 A.M. Saturday morning, a DPS trooper stopped a 2014 Dodge Avenger for a traffic violation near Amarillo. When he searched the car he found over 67 ounces of liquid Codeine, $6,000 in counterfeit US currency and two handguns.
The people inside the vehicle were Jonathan Lee Prince, 28, of Los Angeles, Kendrick Lavelle Askew, 28, of Dallas and Soporio Wynese Young, 32, of Duncanville, Texas.
Young was placed under arrest for forgery, a third-degree felony. Prince was placed under arrest for possession of a controlled substance, a first-degree felony. Askew was placed under arrest for forgery, a third degree felony, and possession of a firearm by a felon, a third-degree felony.
All three people were booked into the Potter County Jail. The contraband was allegedly being transported from Los Angeles to Dallas.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Updated Abilene parents offer to pay for after-school programs