HOUSTON - HOUSTON (AP) - A Harris County constable's office says a driver speeding past an accident on a Houston tollway has been killed after he was decapitated by a sharp part of a pickup truck parked in the shoulder of the road.
The Houston Chronicle reports (http://bit.ly/1dJelXj ) the accident happened on the Sam Houston Tollway early Sunday.
The newspaper reports a black Nissan had a rollover accident at about 6 a.m. The driver suffered minor injuries, and stepped out of her car to assess the damage. A pickup truck driver pulled over in the shoulder to assist.
The constable's office says a Toyota Corolla driving at high speed did not see the pickup truck. A sharp part of the truck decapitated the Corolla's driver. His identity has not been released.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account