THE WOODLANDS, Texas - (AP) - A driver of a car suspected in a hit-and-run collision has been shot and killed by a Montgomery County sheriff's deputy.
Authorities say 44-year-old Gregory Allen Bridges tried to run over a deputy who had approached his disabled car early Sunday morning in a parking lot following a police chase.
Sheriff's Lt. Dan Norris says the deputy then fired into the Bridges' car.
The chase in suburban Houston started after a deputy tried to pull over Bridges to ask about a minor accident. Authorities used spike strips to flatten his tires and the confrontation occurred after one of his flat tires fell off a rim.
- Updated Search continues in Sweetwater after man ditches motorcycle, flees
- New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend