THE WOODLANDS, Texas - (AP) - A driver of a car suspected in a hit-and-run collision has been shot and killed by a Montgomery County sheriff's deputy.
Authorities say 44-year-old Gregory Allen Bridges tried to run over a deputy who had approached his disabled car early Sunday morning in a parking lot following a police chase.
Sheriff's Lt. Dan Norris says the deputy then fired into the Bridges' car.
The chase in suburban Houston started after a deputy tried to pull over Bridges to ask about a minor accident. Authorities used spike strips to flatten his tires and the confrontation occurred after one of his flat tires fell off a rim.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9