THE WOODLANDS, Texas - (AP) - A driver of a car suspected in a hit-and-run collision has been shot and killed by a Montgomery County sheriff's deputy.
Authorities say 44-year-old Gregory Allen Bridges tried to run over a deputy who had approached his disabled car early Sunday morning in a parking lot following a police chase.
Sheriff's Lt. Dan Norris says the deputy then fired into the Bridges' car.
The chase in suburban Houston started after a deputy tried to pull over Bridges to ask about a minor accident. Authorities used spike strips to flatten his tires and the confrontation occurred after one of his flat tires fell off a rim.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot