SEGUIN, Texas (AP) - Drivers on Texas' new 85-mph toll road are finding out about an obstacle local drivers have dealt with for years: hogs.
At least two collisions this week on Texas Highway 130 involved drivers hitting pigs walking on the highway. A third accident occurred when a vehicle hit a deer.
No drivers were injured. But Lockhart police officer John Roescher reported seeing three dead hogs on the side of Texas 130.
An expanded Texas 130 opened this week with a speed limit of 85 mph -- the fastest in the nation.
Roescher said collisions of animals and vehicles happen often on roads in the area, but no one knows yet if there will be more damage because drivers are going faster.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances