BON WIER, Texas (AP) - An East Texas pastor has been charged with murder in the shooting of his nephew outside of his church.
A judge in Newton on Monday set bond at $100,000 for 64-year-old Rev. Luther Jones of Bon Wier. The Newton County Sheriff's Office said Jones posted bail.
Investigators said 34-year-old Curtis P. Jones was shot Sunday morning while in an SUV outside his uncle's church - Belgrade Baptist Church in Bon Wier, about 145 miles northeast of Houston. Autopsy results are pending.
Investigators did not immediately release a possible motive for the shooting. The victim's sister, Juanita Jones, said the men had a long-running family feud. She declined to elaborate.
Jail records did not list an attorney for the minister.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot