BON WIER, Texas (AP) - An East Texas pastor has been charged with murder in the shooting of his nephew outside of his church.
A judge in Newton on Monday set bond at $100,000 for 64-year-old Rev. Luther Jones of Bon Wier. The Newton County Sheriff's Office said Jones posted bail.
Investigators said 34-year-old Curtis P. Jones was shot Sunday morning while in an SUV outside his uncle's church - Belgrade Baptist Church in Bon Wier, about 145 miles northeast of Houston. Autopsy results are pending.
Investigators did not immediately release a possible motive for the shooting. The victim's sister, Juanita Jones, said the men had a long-running family feud. She declined to elaborate.
Jail records did not list an attorney for the minister.
- Updated Why some are stealing medications from their pets
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Supporters mark slain girl's 10th birthday in Albuquerque
- Updated Police: 2 College Station deaths related to drugs, robbery
- Updated Fried Jell-O among top food winners for State Fair of Texas