AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - An ex-assistant band director at a Central Texas school has been sentenced to two years in prison for sexual assault of a 15-year-old student.
A jury in Austin on Monday sentenced Andrew Polk, who formerly worked at Hendrickson High School in Pflugerville.
Jurors on Friday convicted Polk of sexual assault of a child and indecency. He was sentenced to 10 years of community supervision on the indecency count. The sentences will run concurrently.
Prosecutors said the teacher and student had exchanged hundreds of text messages before the December 2010 incident.
Polk testified that he never sexually assaulted the girl and denied any inappropriate touching of the teen.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth