STEPHENVILLE, Texas (AP) - Former Navy SEAL and expert sniper Chris Kyle was devoted to helping his fellow veterans navigate life after active duty.
Authorities said the 38-year-old Kyle was doing just that Saturday when he was slain along with a friend at a Texas gun range.
Police have charged 25-year-old Edie Ray Routh, of Lancaster, a former Marine, with murder in the deaths of Kyle and his friend 35-year-old Chad Littlefield.
Sgt. Lonny Haschel with Texas Department of Public Safety says Erath County deputies responded to a shooting at the Rough Creek Lodge on Saturday and found the bodies Kyle and Littlefield. Police have not said whether they have identified a motive in the case.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth