DALLAS (AP) - Former President George W. Bush and his wife, Laura, missed President Barack Obama's second inauguration but have sent their best wishes.
A spokesman for the 66-year-old former president, Freddy Ford, issued a statement Monday evening saying, "President and Mrs. Bush wish President Obama and his family all the best for a wonderful inaugural celebration."
Obama is the nation's 44th president.
Bush served two terms as the country's 43rd president. He and the former first lady live in Dallas.
His 88-year-old father, ex-president George H.W. Bush of Houston, sent a similar message of best wishes in his name and that of his wife, Barbara. The elder Bush was released last week from a Houston hospital where he was treated for nearly two months for a bronchitis-related cough and other health issues.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot