BRYAN, Texas (AP) - A former Central Texas police officer has been convicted of indecent exposure in an off-duty incident involving a private vehicle outside a mall.
Ex-Bryan police Officer Adam Brooks faces up to six months in prison in the penalty phase Thursday.
Jurors in Bryan on Wednesday convicted Brooks in a November 2010 incident. Police say a woman reported seeing a man sexually touching himself outside a College Station mall. No charges were filed but police noted the license plate.
Officers in February 2011 saw the vehicle again. Brooks, who'd been with the force eight years, was issued a criminal trespass warning.
Brooks was put on paid leave following his March 2011 arrest. He resigned from the Bryan Police Department on April 1, 2011.
- Weather warning: Enhanced fire danger for much of Big Country
- Updated Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana