HOUSTON, Texas - HOUSTON (AP) - A Houston-area family of four has been killed in an auto collision so violent that the engine of one of the vehicles was thrown from its frame.
Investigators say a Dodge Ram crossed the center line about 5:45 a.m. Saturday and struck an oncoming Volkswagen Jetta. Driving the Jetta was 27-year-old Jennifer Clouse. She died at the scene along with her husband, 28-year-old Nathan Clouse, and their children, 8-year-old Bailey Clouse and 6-year-old Jordan Clouse. All four were wearing seat belts.
The family lived in Cleveland, about 45 miles northeast of Houston, and were driving to nearby Conroe.
Investigators say 40-year-old Kevin Golden was driving the Dodge. He was taken to a hospital with serious injuries.
The engine of the Dodge littered the road along with other auto parts.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range