HOUSTON, Texas - HOUSTON (AP) - The FBI has found in Houston a man suspected of kidnapping a 19-year-old woman in Illinois. The teenager has been safely recovered. Police in Illinois say she'd previously dated the suspect.
The Houston Chronicle reports Saturday the FBI arrested Eduardo Guerrero Cortez at about 2:30 a.m. Saturday. The FBI suspects him of forcing the teenager into a Chevrolet Silverado on Wednesday in Champaign, Illinois.
In a news release, Champaign Police Deputy Chief Troy Daniels says the victim was at a shopping mall with a male friend when three men approached them Wednesday afternoon, and the suspect allegedly forced her into the truck.
Cortez has been charged in Illinois with aggravated battery for an alleged threat to the man who was with his former girlfriend.
- Updated $108M later, Port of Houston gives up on cruise ships
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Reagan's daughter criticizes decision to free Hinkley
- Updated Texas Border Patrol agents save nearly 40 immigrants