HOUSTON, Texas - HOUSTON (AP) - The FBI has found in Houston a man suspected of kidnapping a 19-year-old woman in Illinois. The teenager has been safely recovered. Police in Illinois say she'd previously dated the suspect.
The Houston Chronicle reports Saturday the FBI arrested Eduardo Guerrero Cortez at about 2:30 a.m. Saturday. The FBI suspects him of forcing the teenager into a Chevrolet Silverado on Wednesday in Champaign, Illinois.
In a news release, Champaign Police Deputy Chief Troy Daniels says the victim was at a shopping mall with a male friend when three men approached them Wednesday afternoon, and the suspect allegedly forced her into the truck.
Cortez has been charged in Illinois with aggravated battery for an alleged threat to the man who was with his former girlfriend.
- Christmas market in Abilene benefits African orphanage
- Russian man caught with synthetic opioid in Abilene, could face deportation
- Abilene's Food for Fares campaign nearing its end
- City of Abilene offering trolley tour of homes decorated for holidays
- Abilene parents fear impending cuts to therapy for children