HOUSTON, Texas - HOUSTON (AP) - The FBI has found in Houston a man suspected of kidnapping a 19-year-old woman in Illinois. The teenager has been safely recovered. Police in Illinois say she'd previously dated the suspect.
The Houston Chronicle reports Saturday the FBI arrested Eduardo Guerrero Cortez at about 2:30 a.m. Saturday. The FBI suspects him of forcing the teenager into a Chevrolet Silverado on Wednesday in Champaign, Illinois.
In a news release, Champaign Police Deputy Chief Troy Daniels says the victim was at a shopping mall with a male friend when three men approached them Wednesday afternoon, and the suspect allegedly forced her into the truck.
Cortez has been charged in Illinois with aggravated battery for an alleged threat to the man who was with his former girlfriend.
- Updated Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills