AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - State authorities say they've arrested a federal agent in Central Texas for using the Internet to arrange a sexual tryst with an underage girl.
The attorney general's office announced Friday that 50-year-old Forrest William Johnson was charged with a felony count of online solicitation of a minor.
Johnson worked in law enforcement for U.S. Customs and Border Protection at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
Authorities say Johnson posted an explicit online advertisement and was contacted by an undercover officer posing as a 15-year-old girl. He was arrested Wednesday when he arrived for the encounter.
The Austin resident posted a $20,000 bond Thursday. If convicted, he faces two to 10 years in prison and up to a $10,000 fine.
Williamson County jail records did not indicate an attorney representing Johnson.
- Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer