DALLAS (AP) - A female elementary school teacher in South Texas has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for having sex with a 12-year-old male student.
A judge in San Antonio on Tuesday sentenced 41-year-old Lucinda Rodriguez Caldwell as part of a plea agreement.
Caldwell pleaded no contest to felony indecency with child by exposure. She originally was charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child and could have received life in prison if convicted.
Caldwell taught fifth grade at Cable Elementary School in the Northside Independent School District in San Antonio when she was arrested in July 2010. She resigned after being accused of having several sexual encounters with the boy.
Caldwell, who had asked the judge for probation, must give up her teaching license as part of the plea deal.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking