SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Heavy rain in parts of Texas has led to flash flood watches for some of the state's largest metropolitan areas.
The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for the Austin, San Antonio and Houston areas until Wednesday evening.
A flash flood watch is in effect for the Dallas-Fort Worth area through Wednesday afternoon. Oncor (ON'-kor) crews worked to restore power after more than 1,700 outages, mainly in the Dallas area.
Heavy rain in parts of South Texas has led to the closure of about two dozen roads in San Antonio due to high water. Forecasters say San Antonio received nearly 3 inches of rain overnight. The Austin area recorded almost 2 inches of precipitation since Tuesday morning.
CPS Energy reported scattered electrical outages in San Antonio.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth