SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Heavy rain in parts of Texas has led to flash flood watches for some of the state's largest metropolitan areas.
The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for the Austin, San Antonio and Houston areas until Wednesday evening.
A flash flood watch is in effect for the Dallas-Fort Worth area through Wednesday afternoon. Oncor (ON'-kor) crews worked to restore power after more than 1,700 outages, mainly in the Dallas area.
Heavy rain in parts of South Texas has led to the closure of about two dozen roads in San Antonio due to high water. Forecasters say San Antonio received nearly 3 inches of rain overnight. The Austin area recorded almost 2 inches of precipitation since Tuesday morning.
CPS Energy reported scattered electrical outages in San Antonio.
- Updated Search continues in Sweetwater after man ditches motorcycle, flees
- New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend