WESTON LAKES, Texas - (AP) - A 27-year-old Fort Bend County man has been charged with two counts of murder for the slayings of his parents.
Ross Lawrence appeared Saturday before a magistrate and was ordered held on $2 million bond.
On Friday, deputies responding to a 911 call from a neighbor found the bodies of Steve and Sue Lawrence, both 61, on the driveway of their home in Weston Lakes, a small community west of Houston. The couple is believed to have been beaten to death.
Their son was taken to custody at the scene, was evaluated at a hospital and then taken to jail.
Fort Bend County sheriff's officials say the case remains under investigation.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer