WESTON LAKES, Texas - (AP) - A 27-year-old Fort Bend County man has been charged with two counts of murder for the slayings of his parents.
Ross Lawrence appeared Saturday before a magistrate and was ordered held on $2 million bond.
On Friday, deputies responding to a 911 call from a neighbor found the bodies of Steve and Sue Lawrence, both 61, on the driveway of their home in Weston Lakes, a small community west of Houston. The couple is believed to have been beaten to death.
Their son was taken to custody at the scene, was evaluated at a hospital and then taken to jail.
Fort Bend County sheriff's officials say the case remains under investigation.
- Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- San Angelo city councilman resigns after racial comments about police
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Former Sweetwater teacher indicted on 3 child sex charges
- Updated Truck rams New Orleans crowd during Mardi Gras parade; 28 injured
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash