WESTON LAKES, Texas - (AP) - A 27-year-old Fort Bend County man has been charged with two counts of murder for the slayings of his parents.
Ross Lawrence appeared Saturday before a magistrate and was ordered held on $2 million bond.
On Friday, deputies responding to a 911 call from a neighbor found the bodies of Steve and Sue Lawrence, both 61, on the driveway of their home in Weston Lakes, a small community west of Houston. The couple is believed to have been beaten to death.
Their son was taken to custody at the scene, was evaluated at a hospital and then taken to jail.
Fort Bend County sheriff's officials say the case remains under investigation.
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget