FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - A North Texas police officer responding to a robbery at a fast-food restaurant fatally shot the suspect in an exchange of gunfire that left the officer hurt.
Fort Worth police say the officer who was shot Wednesday morning in the leg has injuries that are not life-threatening.
Investigators say the officer responded to a robbery in progress at a Whataburger when the suspect fled. Witnesses pointed to the suspect as he ran into a residential neighborhood. Police say the suspect shot the officer. The officer then returned fire - wounding the suspect.
Both were transported to a Fort Worth hospital and the suspect later died.
Names of the officer and the suspect weren't immediately released
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range