FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - A North Texas police officer responding to a robbery at a fast-food restaurant fatally shot the suspect in an exchange of gunfire that left the officer hurt.
Fort Worth police say the officer who was shot Wednesday morning in the leg has injuries that are not life-threatening.
Investigators say the officer responded to a robbery in progress at a Whataburger when the suspect fled. Witnesses pointed to the suspect as he ran into a residential neighborhood. Police say the suspect shot the officer. The officer then returned fire - wounding the suspect.
Both were transported to a Fort Worth hospital and the suspect later died.
Names of the officer and the suspect weren't immediately released
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Updated Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans