MESQUITE, Texas (AP) - Police say they're not searching for a suspect in the deaths of four people found in a suburban Dallas home, indicating the killings are the result of a murder-suicide.
The bodies of two men ages 44 and 18 were found in the home along with two women ages 43 and 21. Investigators believe they're members of the same family.
A handgun was found near one of the bodies when police forced their way into the home Wednesday. Autopsies are scheduled for Thursday.
Officers initially went to the house early Saturday following a 911 call of shots fired. They got no answer to their door knocks and found nothing amiss.
Police said officers returned repeatedly until mounting mail and newspapers prompted them to force entry.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017