ROUND TOP, Texas (AP) - Investigators say a go-kart wreck on private property in Central Texas has killed an 11-year-old girl from the Houston area.
The Fayette County Sheriff's Office on Monday announced a Tomball girl died following the accident near Round Top. Lt. David Beyer (byr) declined to immediately release the victim's name.
Beyer says the girl was riding on property owned by her grandparents around 5 p.m. Sunday when she wanted to make one more round. Beyer says the child's parents became concerned when she didn't return and they discovered the accident scene.
The girl was taken to St. Marks Medical Center in La Grange where she was pronounced dead.
Round Top is about 75 miles east of Austin.
- Residents in Big Country report fireball in sky, loud boom
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar after mistaken announcement
- From Snyder to Hollywood: Theater program grooms actors
- Updated Air Force sergeant convicted of misconduct with 8 women
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program