SAN ANTONIO - A 6-year-old girl who had just purchased candy from an ice cream truck in San Antonio was killed when the vehicle backed over her.
Police say April Nicole Soliz had leapt onto the rear bumper of the truck Thursday afternoon as the driver backed up to turn around on a dead-end street. But the child fell and was caught under a tire. A 10-year-old girl who was with April alerted the driver.
Police say the 50-year-old driver did not know she had jumped on the bumper and is not expected to face charges.
The girl's family told the San Antonio Express-News that older children in the neighborhood like to jump on ice cream trucks as they pass through.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017