EASTLAN D COUNTY, Texas - A 66-year-old Gorman man was killed Tuesday in a one-vehicle crash three miles east of Gorman, according to a Texas Department of Public Safety news release.
Thomas Roy Seay, who died in the accident, was driving a 2004 Chevrolet Trail Blazer east on Farm Road 8 when he drifted off the roadway to the right, before overcorrecting to the left and entering the north barrow ditch. Seay was pronounced dead at the scene. He was not wearing a seat belt.
The vehicle "overturned several times, ejecting both occupants," DPS said in the release.
Vicki Trout Seay, a 64-year-old who was a passenger in the vehicle, is listed in critical condition. She was taken to Harris Hospital in Fort Worth. She also wasn't wearing a seat belt.
The weather was clear and the roadway dry. Texas Highway Patrol Trooper Russell Reid is investigating this crash.
- Updated Security guard fatally shot at Central Texas Subway sandwich shop
- Updated Drive-by shooter targets police substation in Dallas
- Updated Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Breezy and sunny days ahead, a cool down on the way
- Updated Joseph Wapner, star of 'The People's Court,' dead at 97
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash