EASTLAN D COUNTY, Texas - A 66-year-old Gorman man was killed Tuesday in a one-vehicle crash three miles east of Gorman, according to a Texas Department of Public Safety news release.
Thomas Roy Seay, who died in the accident, was driving a 2004 Chevrolet Trail Blazer east on Farm Road 8 when he drifted off the roadway to the right, before overcorrecting to the left and entering the north barrow ditch. Seay was pronounced dead at the scene. He was not wearing a seat belt.
The vehicle "overturned several times, ejecting both occupants," DPS said in the release.
Vicki Trout Seay, a 64-year-old who was a passenger in the vehicle, is listed in critical condition. She was taken to Harris Hospital in Fort Worth. She also wasn't wearing a seat belt.
The weather was clear and the roadway dry. Texas Highway Patrol Trooper Russell Reid is investigating this crash.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017