GRANBURY, Texas (AP) - Gov. Rick Perry will head to a North Texas city devastated by a tornado that left at least six people dead.
Perry on Friday afternoon plans to visit Granbury and survey the destruction. Wednesday night's tornado destroyed much of the Rancho Brazos Estates subdivision of Granbury, about 40 miles southwest of Fort Worth.
Hood County Sheriff Roger Deeds says the storm killed two women and four men. Several people remain unaccounted amid the recovery effort. County officials say nearly 100 homes in Granbury were damaged or destroyed.
Donations can be made through the Red Cross.
- Updated Why some are stealing medications from their pets
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Supporters mark slain girl's 10th birthday in Albuquerque
- Updated Police: 2 College Station deaths related to drugs, robbery
- Updated Fried Jell-O among top food winners for State Fair of Texas