GRANBURY, Texas (AP) - Gov. Rick Perry will head to a North Texas city devastated by a tornado that left at least six people dead.
Perry on Friday afternoon plans to visit Granbury and survey the destruction. Wednesday night's tornado destroyed much of the Rancho Brazos Estates subdivision of Granbury, about 40 miles southwest of Fort Worth.
Hood County Sheriff Roger Deeds says the storm killed two women and four men. Several people remain unaccounted amid the recovery effort. County officials say nearly 100 homes in Granbury were damaged or destroyed.
Donations can be made through the Red Cross.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget