GRANBURY, Texas (AP) - Gov. Rick Perry will head to a North Texas city devastated by a tornado that left at least six people dead.
Perry on Friday afternoon plans to visit Granbury and survey the destruction. Wednesday night's tornado destroyed much of the Rancho Brazos Estates subdivision of Granbury, about 40 miles southwest of Fort Worth.
Hood County Sheriff Roger Deeds says the storm killed two women and four men. Several people remain unaccounted amid the recovery effort. County officials say nearly 100 homes in Granbury were damaged or destroyed.
Donations can be made through the Red Cross.
- Updated Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated High levels of ammonia in Texas home where some 430 animals found
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores