WACO, Texas - Texas Governor Rick Perry released the following statement late Wednesday night regarding a fertilizer plant explosion in the town of West.
"We are monitoring developments and gathering information as details continue to emerge about this incident. We have also mobilized state resources to help local authorities. Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of West, and the first responders on the scene."
WFAA TV in Dallas reports the powerful explosion happened Wednesday night at a fertilizer plant on Jerry Mashek Drive, a few blocks east of Interstate 35. A West Fire Department dispatcher says any casualties would be taken to hospitals in Waco, which is about 19 miles from the scene. It's unclear how people are dead or injured from the blast.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS