DALLAS - (AP) - A handful of Texans had Thanksgiving dinner out as dozens of homes remained without electric power four days after a winter storm.
The winter storm last weekend left thousands in the dark. Most electric power customers had their lights back on days ago, but scattered customers still lacked the juice Thursday to heat their homes or roast their turkeys.
AEP Texas reports about 470 customers remained in the dark Thursday, including about 300 in the Alpine area and 135 around McCamey. Sharyland Utilities reports 200 residential and 1,200 commercial and industrial customers were still without power in the eastern Permian Basin. Oncor reports 119 customers remained without power in West Texas, along with 586 in North Texas.
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- 2 men charged in shooting death of Dwyane Wade's cousin
- Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says
- HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident