DALLAS - (AP) - A handful of Texans had Thanksgiving dinner out as dozens of homes remained without electric power four days after a winter storm.
The winter storm last weekend left thousands in the dark. Most electric power customers had their lights back on days ago, but scattered customers still lacked the juice Thursday to heat their homes or roast their turkeys.
AEP Texas reports about 470 customers remained in the dark Thursday, including about 300 in the Alpine area and 135 around McCamey. Sharyland Utilities reports 200 residential and 1,200 commercial and industrial customers were still without power in the eastern Permian Basin. Oncor reports 119 customers remained without power in West Texas, along with 586 in North Texas.
- Big Country 100 Men Who Care gives away another $10,000
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting