AUSTIN, Texas - A University of Texas at Austin academic hall has been evacuated due to a hazardous materials situation.
UT spokeswoman Cindy Posey says the incident happened Tuesday morning at Painter Hall. Emergency officials responded to the multistory building on the central part of the campus around 8 a.m. Tuesday.
Posey had no immediate information on whether anyone has been hurt or what caused the hazmat problem. Posey also had no immediate information on whether summer classes were in session at the time of the incident.
Further details weren't immediately available
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic