AUSTIN, Texas - A University of Texas at Austin academic hall has been evacuated due to a hazardous materials situation.
UT spokeswoman Cindy Posey says the incident happened Tuesday morning at Painter Hall. Emergency officials responded to the multistory building on the central part of the campus around 8 a.m. Tuesday.
Posey had no immediate information on whether anyone has been hurt or what caused the hazmat problem. Posey also had no immediate information on whether summer classes were in session at the time of the incident.
Further details weren't immediately available
- Updated Rio Olympics: Is Brazil ready for the 2016 Games?
- Updated Hot air balloon carrying at least 16 people crashes in Texas
- Updated FAA warned of potential for many hot air balloon deaths
- Updated Ex-Texas A&M linebacker, wife killed at their home
- Updated Melissa Valdez: Triple digit temperatures return to the forecast