AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - A convicted felon from Houston on the Texas Department of Public Safety's 10 Most Wanted sex offender list has been caught in California after months on the run.
DPS on Wednesday listed 59-year-old John Michael Enard as "captured" on its online offender list. Records show Enard fled from a Houston halfway house last January and he was wanted for parole violation.
Authorities say Enard was located last Friday at a homeless shelter in Los Angeles. Investigators say a tip led to Enard and a reward of up to $3,000 will be paid.
Enard was considered a sexually violent predator at high risk to commit another crime. His convictions include aggravated rape-sexual assault and burglary of a habitation with intent for rape and burglary.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated