HOUSTON, Texas - Police are investigating the fatal shooting of woman who was at a teenager's birthday party in southwest Houston.
A Houston police sergeant tells KTRK-TV that someone ran by a home and fired an assault rifle at it. A birthday party for a 15-year-old was taking place at the time of the shooting.
The woman was in a bedroom when the bullet went through a window and struck her in the head.
Friends of the woman who were at the party told the station the woman had just found out she was pregnant.
Friends also say they didn't realize she was asleep in the back bedroom.
Police say they have no information on a suspect.
- Texas Senate to vote on bill to fund downtown Abilene hotel
- Abilene splash pads to open for summer Wednesday
- Early voting can have significant impact on elections
- 18-wheeler carrying sheet rock flips on Abilene highway
- Abilene City Council asking for public input during special meeting
- Survey of Abilene homeless population shows increase in numbers
- Brown County police chief disgusted Brownwood man's sentence was shortened
- RadioShack latest victim in wave of corporate closures in Brownwood
- Brownwood man commuted by President Obama released from jail on Tuesday
- Police: Brownwood man wasn't victim of drive-by shooting, instead shot himself
- Brown County commissioners approve reducing speed limit on CC Woodson Road
- Brown County political forum scheduled for Tuesday night
- Coleman County voters to decide on $9.1 million bond for new LEC
- Breckenridge woman killed in rollover crash
- Zephyr ISD approves new football turf amid ongoing litigation
- Albany City Councilman gets 10 years of probation for indecency with child
- Students honor Snyder High School math teacher killed in West Texas crash
- Hwy 84/183 in Brown County reopened after 2-hour delay