HOUSTON, Texas - Police are investigating the fatal shooting of woman who was at a teenager's birthday party in southwest Houston.
A Houston police sergeant tells KTRK-TV that someone ran by a home and fired an assault rifle at it. A birthday party for a 15-year-old was taking place at the time of the shooting.
The woman was in a bedroom when the bullet went through a window and struck her in the head.
Friends of the woman who were at the party told the station the woman had just found out she was pregnant.
Friends also say they didn't realize she was asleep in the back bedroom.
Police say they have no information on a suspect.
- Updated DISH Network subscribers lose access to KTXS, ABC38, MeTV programming
- Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning
- Colorado City vet seriously injured in crash, fundraising effort underway
- Police: 2 children taken in 1985 found, mom arrested in Texas
- Video shows dog chained to open trailer on highway
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Brown County Youth Fair steer auctioned for record $15,000
- Brownwood holds 5th annual MLK Day parade, ceremony
- Brown County fire department asking for help buying new truck
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- Clyde family seeks memorial quilt accidentally donated to Goodwill