JASPER, Texas (AP) - A human skull found by a deer hunter in some East Texas woods has been sent to a forensic lab in an effort to identify the person.
Jasper County Sheriff Mitchell Newman said Wednesday that authorities have not had a missing person report for several years.
Officials said the hunter came upon the remains Tuesday night in a wooded area off a road just north of Jasper. Several pieces of vertebrae were also located.
Jasper is about 125 miles northeast of Houston.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot