JASPER, Texas (AP) - A human skull found by a deer hunter in some East Texas woods has been sent to a forensic lab in an effort to identify the person.
Jasper County Sheriff Mitchell Newman said Wednesday that authorities have not had a missing person report for several years.
Officials said the hunter came upon the remains Tuesday night in a wooded area off a road just north of Jasper. Several pieces of vertebrae were also located.
Jasper is about 125 miles northeast of Houston.
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season