ABILENE, Texas - Incumbent Abilene City Council member Anthony Williams announced Monday plans to file to run for a fifth term, according to a news release.
Williams, a chief business services officer at Abilene Christian University, was initially elected to the north side seat in 2001.
He is a graduate of Abilene High and McMurry University. He has been married for 24 years to his wife, Lynette, and has three children. His family attends Minda Street Church of Christ, where he is a deacon.
- Updated Abilene police make urgent request for help finding missing elderly woman
- Updated Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, warmer weather & sunny skies expected
- Updated Rescue network brings adoptable dogs from Texas to Minnesota
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field
- Brownwood man sentenced to 25 years for role in prison gang drug ring