CONROE, Texas (AP) - An inmate at a Houston-area jail has escaped and investigators believe the bank robbery suspect went over a wall.
The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office says 40-year-old Britt Chadvurn Privatte of Sugar Land was unaccounted for during a check Sunday afternoon. Lt. Dan Norris says Privatte was last seen in the recreation yard of the jail in Conroe.
Investigators believe Privatte scaled a wall inside the recreation yard and broke through the upper fencing to the roof.
Privatte was among three people arrested following a January bank robbery in the Kingwood area. He was being held on charges of escape, aggravated robbery and burglary. He'll also face an escape charge.
Further details on the escape weren't immediately released.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated