COLFAX, Texas - COLFAX, Texas (AP) - Authorities say an East Texas man has been arrested for fatally shooting his wife after finding her at the home of another man.
The second man also was shot and was transported to a hospital Sunday for treatment of his wounds.
Van Zandt County Sheriff Lindsey Ray says the shooting occurred about 6 a.m. when the husband went to a home near the town of Colfax looking for his wife.
Ray says the husband called 911 after the shooting.
The sheriff says the woman and the homeowner had a relationship prior to her marriage to the man who shot her.
Colfax is about 70 miles east of Dallas.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash