COLFAX, Texas - COLFAX, Texas (AP) - Authorities say an East Texas man has been arrested for fatally shooting his wife after finding her at the home of another man.
The second man also was shot and was transported to a hospital Sunday for treatment of his wounds.
Van Zandt County Sheriff Lindsey Ray says the shooting occurred about 6 a.m. when the husband went to a home near the town of Colfax looking for his wife.
Ray says the husband called 911 after the shooting.
The sheriff says the woman and the homeowner had a relationship prior to her marriage to the man who shot her.
Colfax is about 70 miles east of Dallas.
- Updated Police identify victim in west Abilene homicide
- LIVE FBI reopening investigation of Hillary Clinton email server
- Parents charged after toddler dies in Texas house fire
- Wife of Texas teacher charged in 2 deaths accused of tampering
- Police: Texas college student rams squad car while taking topless selfie
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking